The usage of cookie consent banner has become a key topic of debate regarding the protection of personal data at the European level in recent months. We witnessed the supervisory authorities making decisions and imposing significant fines for privacy violations regarding cookies.
Large tech companies received fines for not having a mechanism to allow visitors to reject cookies as easily as in the case of accepting their use.
The French organization noyb, initiated by Max Schrems, submitted over 300 complaints today against misleading cookie banners. This is the second round of complaints since May 2021. The cookie consent banner designs make rejecting cookies extremely complicated. It seems that even after four years of GDPR (The General Data Protection Regulation), thousands of websites are still struggling to design a fair yes/no approach for their users.
What is a compliant cookie banner?
Whatever the size of your business, you must comply with the GDPR if you utilize cookies on your website. For a compliant cookie consent banner you must take into consideration the following:
- Clearly describe the data that each cookie collects and its function before obtaining users' consent.
- Before using any cookies, get the users' permission.
- Users should access your service even if cookies are rejected.
- Make withdrawing consent as easy for users as it was for them to grant it in the first place.
How can Sovy myConsentChoice help you?
MyConsentChoice CMP is the answer to your cookie management problems. It enables you to gain consent easily and to comply with the GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA, LGPD, and UAE's PDPL.
What benefits will you have if you choose Sovy CMP:
- All of the pages on your website will be scanned by our cookie scanner, which will look for all the tracking devices.
- You can add a unique design to your banner to make it stand out. Choose from pre-designed layouts, add your company's brand colors, logo, and default language.
- The Sovy CMP shows you a visual representation of the choices and origins of the people that visit your website.
- You determine how to handle the consent information provided by website users.
- You can select only EU locations or any areas in the world.
- When introducing any new cookie or tracking technology, you can re-scan your website whenever you choose.
Don't hesitate to make your cookie consent banner compliant now with Sovy myConsentChoice.
Last updated: August 9, 2022